If you haven’t heard of Quinoa, then I am not really surprised, but you need to know that you are missing out on what could be the top super food known to man. So what is so great about Quinoa nutrition you might ask? Here are the top 5 reasons you should add Quinoa to your diet.
- Quinoa contains more high quality protein than any other grain. Quinoa is not a grain, but is actually a seed. This tiny seed contains a large amount of protein making it a great substitute for meat. This is the perfect food for vegetarians looking to get more protein in their diet.
- Quinoa stands alone as a complete protein grain. The protein in Quinoa contains all of the essential amino acids in a balanced pattern.
- Quinoa contains no gluten. What a perfect food for Vegans or people that need to watch their blood sugar levels. Anyone that needs a wheat free of gluten free diet needs to consider Quinoa as their new staple.
- Quinoa is easy to digest. Quinoa is much less filling than most grains and pasta. It has it’s own delicious nutty flavor that makes it a favorite for many people. It has complex carbohydrates that the body burns at a slower pace which gives you more energy longer. Anyone on a diet would benefit from adding it to their plan.
- Quinoa is quick and easy to prepare. The great thing about Quinoa is how quick and easy it is to prepare. It is perfect for our modern day fast paced society. It can be difficult to find the time to prepare a healthy nutritious meal with an active lifestyle so this is a great choice to add to your meals. It can be served as a side dish, in soups, salads, as a pilaf, even as a nutritious breakfast cereal.
If you are looking to create for yourself a healthier lifestyle then Quinoa is the food you need to add to your diet. The health benefits from the nutrition it provides can’t be beat. Go to your local super market and pick some up.